End of beta blog
Since the end of the Openbox beta round 3 in October, we’ve been hard at work fixing the issues our beta users have found and implementing their feature requests. Here is the complete list to date.
- Create LAMBDAs from Openbox calculations.
- Read LAMBDAs from Excel and convert to Openbox calculations.
- “Unfold” recursive LAMBDAs to help with understanding and testing.
- Added “Import” to right click/ context menu.
- If a calculation does not have a flag applied, don’t leave a blank space for the flag icon.
- The main window now scrolls left and right if you drag items over the left/right-hand margins.
- Single click anywhere on a calculation block selects it, double click edits.
- If you edit a calculation name, and it is the same as an existing one, pressing “Escape” will now go back to the name it had before editing.
- TAB in the formula bar now works like Enter/ Return.
- After importing a component, you now see what calculations have been connected to the rest of the model, and have the option to make further connections manually.
- You can now add actuals at any stage, and new actuals will be added if new report items are added.
- Master checks sheet now added – any calculation in the model with the unit “check” will be included in the overall check.
- Added a dropdown to set the number format for each calculation.
- Added new number format manager windows. You can now change the built-in formats.
- Number formats now read from the template.
- When a report is in focus, underline the name.
- F2 now puts the cursor at the end of the formula bar.
- Sensitivities now included by default on InpC.
- LET functions are now translated to Openbox formulas.
- Can now undo “Paste”.
- Double-clicking a calculation name in the formula autocomplete list now inserts it in the formula.
- The formula autocomplete window is not shown if there are no possible autocomplete choices.
- Report lines are now shown in a lighter colour when selected. The text was not readable before.
- Can now merge a “sum of above” calculation with another.
- When you drag a section including placeholders to the Inputs sheet, all the placeholders are now coloured as inputs.
- Pressing “]” in the formula bar no longer inserts the current autocomplete suggestion.
- Check for “OPENINGVALUE” being used in calculations that are not balances (and conversely, for balance calculations that don’t refer to their opening value).
- Placeholders on a report sheet now have “[” “]” around them.
- Arrow keys now work in Focus mode.
- Sections in the “Input” sheet are now correctly ordered in the spreadsheet.
- When you group items into a section, the section is left where the items are, not placed at the end of the sheet.
- The Master check cell now works correctly even if all checks are constants.
- The formula bar now updates when you update the name of a balance.
- The list of flags, indices and discounts now updates automatically when something is deleted.
- When you have a section highlighted, and add a new calculation, the calculation is put into that section, not “Unallocated”.